With ScotMaple Oats flour there’s no limit to what you can whip up. Try this perfect carrot cake recipe and let us know what you think!
- 2 cups (250 grams) of ScotMaple Oats flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) of canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 grams) of lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (300 grams) of grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup (100 grams) of coarsely chopped almonds/pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176C).
- Grease the cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oat flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, gently stirring until they disappear and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the carrots and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
- (If you find that a cake layer is stuck to the bottom of the pan, leave the cake pan upside down and allow gravity to do its thing).