Usually, constipation happens when the bowel movements become less frequent and it’s difficult to use the bathroom.
This can occur due to the changes in diet or a routine or due to inadequate intake of fiber.
Drinking enough water and consuming high fiber foods will help prevent this often.
It is advisable that Adults get atleast 25 to 31 grams of fiber a day.
Adding the amount of fiber to your diet daily is a necessity to help your bowel movement, this is where ScotMaple Oat flour comes in.
Drinking water and other liquids, such as naturally sweetened fruit and vegetable juices and clear soups help the fiber work better. This change should make your stool softer and easier to pass.
Drinking enough water and other liquids is also a good way to avoid dehydration. Staying hydrated is essential for your overall health and helps you avoid getting constipated. It is recommended that you drink atleast 8 glasses of water daily.
Here are a few sources fiber are;
- whole grains, such as whole wheat bread and pasta, oatmeal, and bran flake cereals
- legumes, such as lentils, black beans, kidney beans, soybeans, and chickpeas
- fruits, such as berries, apples with the skin on, oranges, and pears
- vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, green peas, and collard greens
- nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, and pecans
To help prevent or relieve constipation, avoid foods with little to no fiber, such as
- fast food
- prepared foods, such as some frozen meals and snack foods
- processed foods, such as hot dogs or some microwavable dinners