Everyone loves cake but no one does cake better than the baker that uses ScotMaple oat flour. Rich in nutrition but with all the excitement of baked goods, we don’t know what more to say but Try out our Marble Swirl Cake, we know you’d come back to testify.
- 2 cups (250 grams) of ScotMaple Oats flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) of canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 grams) of lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (100 grams) of coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) of milk chocolate chips.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176C).
- Grease a cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oat flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, gently stirring until they disappear and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the white chocolate/milk chocolate.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
- (If you find that a cake layer is stuck to the bottom of the pan, leave the cake pan upside down and allow gravity to do its thing).