Puff PuffCourse: SnacksCuisine: AfricanDifficulty: Easy
ScotMaple Oat Flour
Enjoy puff-puff the stable African snack (and street food) made in your house but with a yummy twist with the Scotmaple Oat Flour. Enjoy some ScotMaple Oat Flour Puff-Puff with your favourite beverage and just relax!
2 cups ScotMaple Oat Flour
1 tsp yeast
1/2 cup whole milk, warmed
2 tsp coconut oil
Oil for frying
- Optional ingredients:
1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- In the bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add all wet ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Check the texture of the dough. If it is too wet to roll into balls, add a little more oat flour. If it is too dry, add more milk and mix it all in.
- Grease bowl with oil and add dough, brush the top of the dough and cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and let it rest for half an hour.
- Roll the dough into balls to your preferred size.
- Fry the balls in hot oil.