Scotmaple Whole Grain Oat Flour
Our flagship product – The ScotMaple Oat Flour is an elaborated product created from finely ground oat grains, which is 100% natural and with no additives or preservatives. Our oats which are of the finest grades, are made from the finest Canadian oat, milled and packaged under ideal conditions.
Health Benefits of Oat
There are a number of health benefits associated with incorporating oat into your diet:
- Research shows that oat reduces the risk of asthma in children, when introduced into their diet early on.
- Clinical studies show that there is a 7.5mm Hg reduction in systolic blood pressure and a 5.5 mm Hg reduction in diastolic blood pressure when oat was introduced into the diet of patients.
- Oat lowers LDL – also known as bad cholesterol.
- Research shows that when oat is introduced into a diet, it reduces the need for laxatives particularly in older persons
- Oat helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Oat has been known to improve the body’s immune system.
- Research has shown that oat in regular diet increase appetite control.
- Oat rich diet has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Oat is naturally gluten free, and as such a suitable diet for those who have Celiac disease. Certified gluten free (GF) oat* boosts the nutrition profile of those on gluten-free diets.
*Our brand of oat is NOT certified Gluten Free.
ScotMaple 100% Whole Psyllium Husk Powder
The Soluble ScotMaple 100% Whole Psyllium Husk Powder helps regulate blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, relieve both constipation and diarrhea, and has been used in scientific studies to treat irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, and other intestinal problems.
Psyllium husk can be used as a binding agent for recipes where gluten is naturally absent. You can use it in baking, vegetable based recipes (like fufu), and can also be added to some cereal to increase fibre content.
Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
There are a number of health benefits associated with incorporating Pysllium Husk into your diet:
- Help promote digestive health.
- Help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Reduce hunger between meals
- Some research suggests that soluble fiber such as psyllium may help improve glucose control in people with type 2 diabetes.